Here’s The Recipe For Dolly Parton’s Special Homemade Christmas Peaches
Christmas is Dolly Parton's favorite time of the year. Dolly loves to give homemade gifts, including her canned peaches. Now she is sharing her recipe.
Dolly Parton loves Christmas. She believes the best Christmas presents are homemade and her canned peaches are one of the her favorite things to gift. The beloved country legend puts a lot of heart and love into these peaches and now you can do the same with your family.
Why Dolly Loves Christmas
As a devout Christian, Dolly appreciates the religious importance of Christmas but she certainly appreciates the fun side too.
After all, Dolly’s family is one of the focal parts of her life and she loves celebrating with them.
Dolly grew up in a family of 11 children. They didn’t have much but they had a whole lot of love.
The star and her husband, Carl Dean, don’t have any children of her own but they celebrate and spoil their nieces and nephews who call her Aunt Granny and Granny Claus at Christmas time.
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Dolly’s Homemade Canned Peaches
Granny Claus makes a lot of homemade gifts, including food. Her canned peaches are always a hit and when you see the recipe, you’ll understand why. Peaches, cinnamon, and cloves come together for a sweet indulgence during the holidays.
Dolly Parton’s Canned Peaches
- 4 lbs peaches;
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar;
- 4 cups sugar;
- 8 cinnamon sticks;
- 1 tbsp ginger (peeled and chopped);
- 2 tsp whole cloves.
The process comprises these elements:
- Boil a large pot of water for parboiling the peaches.
- Prepare a big bowl with water and ice.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, ginger, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and 2 cups of water. Boil and stir often until the sugar has dissolved completely. Remove from the heat.
- Parboil the peaches (put them in boiling water for 30 seconds). After that, put them in the ice water.
- Remove the skins, pit, and halve the peaches. Put them into the mixture of sugar and spices and place the pot over low heat. Cover it and simmer for 10 minutes until peaches are tender.
- Using slotted spoon, place the peaches into sterilized, hot jars. Fill them within ¾ inch of the rim.
- Sliding a nonmetallic spatula between the peaches and the jar, remove the air bubbles. Clean the rim with a wet cloth.
- Put a heated lid and screw it down.
- Place the jars in a hot water for 30 minutes.
- After that, let them cool on a towel for 12-24 hours.
- The peaches can be kept in a cool and dark place up to 1 year.
Enjoy Dolly’s Version Of “Joy To The World”
If you are a Dolly Parton fan, you will love the video below of her version of “Joy To The World.”