Ugliness Between Pauley Perrette and Mark Harmon Has Been ‘Resolved’
Fans will be relieved to hear this matter was resolved.
CBS is now saying that the drama between Pauley Perrette and Mark Harmon on their show “NCIS” has been resolved weeks after she claimed he assaulted her.
Fox News reported that Perrette exited the show in May of last year after claiming that she suffered numerous “physical assaults” on the set. Back in June, she said she would never return to the show because she was afraid of Harmon, who she alleged “bodychecked” her at one point. This week, however, CBS President of Entertainment Kelly Kahl tried to brush off the drama between the two stars.
“I can’t speak to what she’s addressing in her tweets,” Kahl said. “She did come to us a couple of years ago with a workplace concern. We immediately investigated it and we resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.”
Perrette Returning To CBS
Kahl went on to cite the fact that Perrette is returning to CBS with her new show “Broke” as proof that the “NCIS” situation was no longer a problem.
“Very happy to have her on the air again this year with us. And I don’t think she would be back with us if she had huge concerns,” he said.
Though Perrette had been vocal about bashing Harmon on Twitter, she always had nothing but good things to say about CBS.
“I want to thank my studio and network CBS they have always been so good to me and always had my back,” she wrote on Twitter back in May of 2018
I want to thank my studio and network CBS They have always been so good to me and always had my back.
— Pauley Perrette (@PauleyP) May 16, 2018
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Perrette Lobbied To Have Harmon’s Dog Banned From Set
Sources said that the alleged “bodychecking” incident occurred when Perrette lobbied to have Harmon’s dog banned from set after the canine attacked a crew member. In a tweet that has since been deleted, Perrette posted photos that she claimed showed the injured member of the crew.
“You think I didn’t expect blow back? You got me wrong,” she wrote. “THIS happened To my crew member and I fought like hell to keep it from happening again! To protect my crew!” she wrote in the now-deleted tweet alongside the photos. “And then I was physically assaulted for saying NO!? and I lost my job.”
CBS responded to her tweet by releasing a brief statement.
“Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on ‘NCIS’ and we are all going to miss her,” the network said. “Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.”
It still seems to be a little unclear what exactly happened here, but we’re glad to see that the issue has been resolved enough that Perrette at least is comfortable returning to CBS with a new show. Fans have missed her dearly on “NCIS,” and it will be great to see her on television again.