Queen Elizabeth ‘Leaning On’ Prince William After He Played Major Role In Her Stripping Prince Andrew Of Military Titles
Queen Elizabeth is "leaning on" her grandson Prince William after she stripped her son Prince Andrew of his military titles and patronages.
Last week, we reported that Queen Elizabeth had stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages, forcing him to face his sexual assault lawsuit that has been filed against him by a Jeffrey Epstein accuser as a “private citizen.”
Now, it’s been revealed that the Queen is “leaning on” her grandson Prince William, 39, who a royal expert is saying had a “heavy involvement” in the decision to strip Andrew of his titles.
BREAKING: The Queen removes military titles from Prince Andrew. pic.twitter.com/uI5Qiu9zH5
— Chris Ship (@chrisshipitv) January 13, 2022
The Queen Leans On William And Prince Charles
“William, in fact, was very involved in this decision, and it’s been said that he met with the queen in person ahead of their announcement that came out last week,” royal expert Kristin Contino told US Weekly.
“I think that really shows — and I think that’s interesting — his growing influence and how she trusts his judgment and is looking for his advice,” she added. “And I think that’s a great sign of things to come for William and how much she is relying on talking to him and his counsel.”
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Contino went on to say that William’s father Prince Charles also played a big role in the decision.
“Charles, of course, was involved in that decision too,” she explained. “But I think [what] a lot of people thought was interesting is William’s heavy involvement in that. So I think she really is leaning on her two heirs at this time [to] help make those sort of big family decisions.”
Andrew Stripped Of Titles And Patronages
Andrew was stripped of his titles and patronages one day after a judge refused the royal’s request to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Virginia Roberts Giuffre. Guiffre claims that she was forced to have sex with Andrew multiple times as an underage girl of 17.
“With The Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement at the time. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”
Andrew Denies Giuffre’s Claims
Andrew has long denied the claims made by Giuffre.
“I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein,” Andrew said in November of 2019, when he stepped back from his royal duties. “His suicide has left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims, and I deeply sympathize with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure.”
“I can only hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives,” he continued at the time. “Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required.”
This is all coming at a bad time for the Queen. She is set to celebrate her Platinum Jubilee, which marks her record-breaking 70 years on the British throne, later this year. We’re glad to see that William and Charles are going above and beyond to support her during this difficult time.