Tom Bergeron Reveals The Real Reason He Was Fired From ‘Dancing With The Stars’
Tom Bergeron just revealed the real reason he was fired from "Dancing With The Stars" last year in a move that surprised fans.
Fans were shocked last year when Tom Bergeron was abruptly fired from “Dancing With The Stars,” which he’d hosted since it premiered in 2005, and replaced with the supermodel Tyra Banks. Now, Bergeron is speaking out in a new interview to reveal the real reason why he was fired from the ABC reality show.
Last year, Bergeron revealed his firing to the world on Twitter.
Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me. It's been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I'm grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?
— Tom Bergeron (@Tom_Bergeron) July 13, 2020
Bergeron Reveals Why He Was Fired
During an appearance on “Bob Saget’s Here for You” podcast, Bergeron admitted that he’d noticed changes behind the scenes on “Dancing With The Stars” before his firing that indicated to him that he wasn’t going to last much longer on the show.
“In all candor, the show that I left was not the show that I loved,” the 66-year-old seasoned television veteran explained. “So, the end of the season that turned out to be my last season [in 2019], I kind of knew. So I took everything out of my dressing room that I really wanted … It was kind of obvious that we were kind of butting heads.”
Bergeron went to assure his fans that he’s moved on and isn’t dwelling on the past.
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
“It’s pretty far in the rearview mirror for me. I’m on to other stuff,” he said.
Bergeron On Why He Doesn’t Talk About His Firing Much
Bergeron also revealed why he doesn’t talk much about his exit from “Dancing With The Stars,” saying, “You know what nobody needs to hear? A whiny millionaire… It’s so self-absorbed. I mean, look. I had great fortune. I mean, I had two network shows running simultaneously for the better part of a decade and a half.”
Fox News reported that Bergeron further opened up about the changes he noticed on “Dancing With The Stars” in another interview earlier this year.
“The show had changed a lot for me starting in early 2008,” he said back in April. “We had very clear, sometimes public, differences of opinion about the new showrunner and some of the execs and happily, I was at a point in my life and career where I didn’t have to just shut up and take it. I decided to go public with some concerns I had at that time and I think that set the stage for it. I kind of saw it coming.”
Bergeron Deserved Better
Bergeron continues to be missed by millions of “Dancing With The Stars” fans to this day. He’s got something in the works and we should be seeing him again soon on the small screen!
While I deeply appreciate your supportive texts & tweets, it’s been almost two years since I last hosted the dance show. Life goes on. I traded in the A for an N. I’ll BCing you soon 😉
— Tom Bergeron (@Tom_Bergeron) September 8, 2021
We’re still waiting to find out what he’s up to. He shared a cryptic post on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram