Entertainment

Sharon Osbourne Says Cancel Culture Is Why She’ll Never Return To Talk TV

Sharon Osbourne said that cancel culture is why she'll never return to TV, adding that "it's not a safe place to be."

Earlier this year, Sharon Osbourne left “The Talk” after she was targeted by the cancel culture mob simply for defending her friend Piers Morgan from claims that he is racist for criticizing Meghan Markle.

In a preview of a new interview for the Season 5 premiere of “Daily Mail TV,” Osbourne said that she will never return to TV because of cancel culture.

You can see her at the 2:53 mark:

Backstory: Sharon Osbourne Breaks Down As She’s Attacked On ‘The Talk’ For Defending Piers Morgan

Osbourne Sounds Off 

“Right now, it’s not a safe place to be. Because the slightest thing, the slightest word and you’ve pissed off half the nation,” she said in a clip obtained by Fox News. “I don’t want to put myself up for that grief, I really don’t.”

On the March 10 episode of “The Talk,” Osbourne defended her friend Morgan from claims that he was racist  for criticizing Markle over her interview with Oprah Winfrey.

“It was a freedom of speech matter. It was pure freedom of speech,” Osbourne told Daily Mail. “A journalist friend of mine who wrote something that people didn’t like and then a few crazies out there, some thugs go -‘you must be racist, that’s why you’re saying it’ – about my friend Piers. It’s like, come on.”

And, as it turns out, Piers Morgan was cleared by Ofcom. They described the status of the investigation into Morgan’s remarks as “not in breach.” 

Osbourne Believes She Was Set Up 

To this day, Osbourne believes that CBS executives set her up in the hopes of garnering ratings and publicity for the struggling talk show. 

“They all knew the question and they all knew what was going down. I felt totally betrayed,” Osbourne said.  

Related: ‘The Talk’ Ratings Plummet After Sharon Osbourne’s Exit – Now Lowest-Rated Daytime Program

That’s why Osbourne is still livid about what went down. 

“To leave me for 20 minutes on live TV … on live TV … unprepared, not produced, not knowing what’s going on,” she recalled. “Wait, where’s their apology to me? They could have cut at any time and gone to a commercial break, and why didn’t they cut?”

Osbourne believes she knows exactly why they didn’t cut.

“They didn’t cut because they liked the controversy and they liked that everybody would be talking about this because they needed something for the show that was going into the toilet,” she said. “So they thought, well, she’s got the biggest following. Let’s go for her.”

“I felt totally betrayed, not protected by CBS. I felt used. I felt like an old shoe,” Osbourne added. “They didn’t care. It was a set up and it was set up by one of the executives.”

CBS Throws Osbourne Under The Bus

CBS completely threw Osbourne under the bus after conducting an investigation into the March 10 episode.

“Sharon Osbourne has decided to leave THE TALK,” the statement read. “The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home.”

“As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace,” CBS added. “We also did not find any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blindsided any of the hosts.”

What happened to Osbourne continues to be a disturbing example of cancel culture gone way too far.

She did absolutely nothing but defend a friend from claims that he was racist, and it cost her her job.

We applaud Osbourne for refusing to go away quietly and continuing to fight back against the cancel culture mob. 

  • Categories

  • Leave a Comment