Meghan And Harry Caught Misrepresenting The Truth Again, This Time About Prince Charles
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were caught in yet another lie this week, this time about his father Prince Charles.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been caught in yet another lie, this time about being financially cut off by Prince Charles.
Meghan And Harry Caught In A Lie
The British Royal Family released its annual report accounting for their income over the past year this week.
Fox News reported that it shows that Prince Charles continued to fund Harry and Meghan’s lifestyle until the summer of 2020.
There seems to be some confusion about the timeline and some social media users aren’t too pleased with Harry and Meghan.
Harry expected Prince Charles to continue funding him despite giving him a substantial sum to assist with his transition!
The money Harry inherited from Diana was from her divorce settlement. Prince Charles had to take a loan on the Duchy to settle with Diana in 1996.
— George Grant (@RuleBGB) June 24, 2021
Meghan and Harry need to up their game, they keep getting caught lying.
— *Followed by 94k Anti-Tories* (@MarieAnnUK) June 24, 2021
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Clarence House confirmed that funding for both Harry and his older brother Prince William, as well as their families, contributed to a roughly £4.5 million ($6.2 million) bill for Charles.
While this is a drop of roughly £1.2m in the financial year after Harry and Meghan stopped being royals, it shows that they were by no means “cut off” by Charles as they claimed.
Charles Helped A ‘Substantial Amount’
A senior Clarence House spokesman told The Independent that, while Charles helped with a “substantial amount” of money when the couple moved to California, they are now both financially independent thanks to the multi-million dollar deals that they signed with Netflix and Spotify.
“As we’ll all remember in January 2020 when the duke and duchess announced that they were going to move away from the working royal family, the duke said that they would work towards becoming financially independent,” the spokesperson said.
“The Prince of Wales allocated a substantial sum to support them with this transition. That funding ceased in the summer of last year,” added the spokesperson. “The couple are now financially independent.”
Harry’s Claim Is Contradicted
These new documents contradict the claim Harry made to Oprah Winfrey in March. At that time, he said “my family literally cut me off financially” in “the first quarter of 2020.”
However, a spokesperson for Meghan and Harry has since fired back to say that Harry’s comments about being cut off were misunderstood, claiming that he was referring to the first quarter of the fiscal reporting period in the U.K., which runs from April to July.
“This is the same date that the ‘transitional year’ of the Sandringham agreement began and is aligned with the timeline that Clarence House referenced,” The spokesperson said.
Yeah, right, Harry.
However, Omid Scobie says Harry and Meghan did not misspeak in their interview with Oprah.
Despite some confusing reports, Prince Charles and Prince Harry’s timelines for the period the Sussexes’ financial support ended are the same. Clarence House says funding continued until last summer (Q1 of the UK’s fiscal year is April to June) and Harry told Oprah the same. pic.twitter.com/uWRNdSVips
— Omid Scobie (@scobie) June 24, 2021
Despite Harry’s claims, these documents show once again that he and his wife try to inaccurately to portray his situation and his family.
They show that Prince Charles actually did financially support his son until the Netflix and Spotify deals were signed last summer. Those deals made it clear that Harry and Meghan no longer needed his assistance.
In the end, this just goes to show it’s hard to believe a word that Harry and Meghan say.