CBS Shuts Down Report That Sharon Osbourne Is Getting $10 Million Payout
Sharon Osbourne is "bitterly disappointed" by how she left "The Talk" and CBS is denying that she's getting $10 million payout.
Yesterday, we reported that Sharon Osbourne had gotten the last laugh after she was forced to leave “The Talk.” Sources claimed she had scored a $5-10 million payout from CBS.
Now, however, CBS is disputing that, and other sources are saying that Osbourne is “bitterly disappointed” by the way she left the show.
Osbourne’s Scandal On ‘The Talk’
Obsourne came under fire earlier this month for defending her friend Piers Morgan after he was accused of racism for criticizing Meghan Markle.
If you missed the heated exchange she had with her cohosts, you can check it out below.
Osbourne ‘Bitterly Disappointed’
A source close to Osbourne is saying that she is “bitterly disappointed” by the way she exited “The Talk” after 11 seasons on the show.
“Sharon is bitterly disappointed at how it all played out,” a source told US Magazine. “Her whole career has been based on not holding back, speaking her mind and championing free speech — so to be classified or perceived as a bigot or a racist is a sickening scenario and an utter nightmare for her, especially since she insists up and down it’s all a pack of lies and that’s the last thing she is.”
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
The source went on to say that Osbourne has been “trying to see all the positives.” She’s surrounding herself with her many allies, most of whom are assuring her that she’ll “bounce back 10 times stronger.”
“Her family is supporting her too and it tears them all apart seeing her suffer like this,” the source said. “They think it’s a big stitch-up and she’s been hung out to dry for something she hasn’t done or believed in.”
CBS Denies Massive Payout For Osbourne
A spokesperson for CBS denied reports that Osbourne has been given a $5-10 million payout for leaving the daytime talk show. The spokesperson told the Los Angeles Times that these claims are “false, inaccurate or untrue – take your pick.”
CBS also released a statement saying that the network will be “coordinating workshops, listening sessions and training about equity, inclusion and cultural awareness for the hosts, producers and crew. Going forward, we are identifying plans to enhance the producing staff and producing procedures to better serve the hosts, the production and, ultimately, our viewers.”
The show went on hiatus after the March 10 episode and expects to be back on April 12.
What has happened to Osbourne is an absolute travesty, and it shows that cancel culture has gone way too far.
The source also said, “She’s decided to take a breather for a while and see where the chips fall once the dust settles. In the meantime, she’s distraught and angry, trying to digest this tornado that’s come from nowhere and turned her life upside down.”