Sports

Carvalho Posts Statement, Following Crushing Loss to ‘Pitbull’

Although Pedro Carvalho was quickly put away by Patricio 'Pitbull' at Bellator 252, he remains just as confident he'll win the belt some day.

After having his featherweight grand prix run snapped by Patricio ‘Pitbull’ in devastating fashion, Pedro Carvalho has posted a statement. The Portuguese and Straight Blast Gym fighter is vowing that he’ll still prove he’s the sport’s best featherweight.

Image Credit: Bellator

Carvalho says he’ll “prove” he’s the best

The 25-year-old faced ‘Pitbull’ in the main event of Bellator 252 on Thursday, and was taken out by the 33-year-old champ-champ in the opening round. Since then, Carvalho shared out the statement below (quotes via MMA Junkie).

“We’re back!! Absolutely nothing has changed, I’m still here, frustrated with the result, but I was never a person to be stuck in the past much less focus on negative things !! This was just a setback and soon I’ll be back!”

And in the video, Carvalho stated this.

“Training back like normal, nothing changed, everything is the same,” Carvalho said in a video. “Of course I am disappointed with myself and with the result, but hey, it is what it is.

“Like my coach (John) Kavanagh says, ‘You win or you learn,’ and without a doubt this defeat will make me go to the top and will give me the tools that I need to get to the top.

Nothing changed. For the ones the love me or hate me, I’m still the same Pedro who says he’s the best in the world and is going to prove he’s the best in the world.

Nothing changes.

“Thank you everyone for the amazing support. It was amazing it was fantastic, thank you very much. I’ll be back.”

What’s next?

It will be interesting to see if and how Carvalho bounces back from this. He had won six straight bouts going into Bellator 252.

Carvalho’s record now stands at 11-4.

  • Categories

  • Leave a Comment