Puppy Knife

Puppies can cause a lot of mischief. But a 12-week-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Macie gave her owner quite the scare when she got sick. X rays showed the little girl had swallowed an 8-inch-knife whole!

Her owner noticed she was very sick as the knife made its way through the dog’s stomach and intestines, but she never suspected that it was the source of the problem.

Surgery was performed to save her life. Her vet Emily Ronald said, “I’ve never seen an X-ray like Macie’s. She was extremely lucky to survive. Her saving grace was that she swallowed the handle-end first ― the blade-end would undoubtedly have pierced her organs, likely causing fatal injuries.”

Inside Edition reported on Macie’s stunt and life saving operation in the video below.

In addition to having quite a scare, owner Irene Paisley likely was faced with a huge vet bill! Hopefully Macie doesn’t try this trick again!

Share this if you are glad Macie is OK!

H/T: Huffington Post

Mentioned in this article:

More About: