Derrick Lewis-Serghei Spivac Kick Off UFC In February
The UFC begins the month of February with a heavyweight main event pitting Derrick Lewis against Serghei Spivac from Las Vegas.
Heavyweights Derrick Lewis and Serghei Spivac begin the month of February for the UFC.
The two headline the UFC Fight Night card on Saturday, February 4 from the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The entire card airs live on ESPN+ beginning at 10 p.m. with the prelims.
Scheduled start time for the main card is 1 a.m. ET.
Along with Lewis vs. Spivac, Da-Un Jung and Devin Clark collide in the light heavyweight division.
Former heavyweight title challenger Lewis (26-10, fighting out of Houston, Texas) returns to the Octagon with intentions of delivering a statement performance. Rising contender Spivac (15-3, fighting out of Chisinau, Republic of Moldova) looks to break into the heavyweight Top 10 for the first time in his career.
Dangerous striker Jung (15-3-1, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea) sets out to stake his claim as a top contender through an undeniable performance. Clark (13-7, fighting out of Sioux Falls, S.D.) looks to regain his footing by taking out a rising contender.
ROAD TO UFC set For night
Also featured on the night’s card will be the finals for ROAD TO UFC, a ground-breaking “win and advance” tournament for top MMA prospects from Asia. These eight finalists from China, Japan, Korea, India, and Indonesia in four weight divisions fight for a UFC contract:
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest MMA News & Analysis from MMA Frenzy. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
* In the lightweight final, Jeka Saragih (13-2, fighting out of Simalungun, Indonesia) meets Anshul Jubli (6-0, fighting out of New Delhi, India) as both look to deliver a spectacular performance.
* In the featherweight final, proven finisher Jeong Yeong Lee (9-1, fighting out of Daegu, South Korea) takes on UFC Academy graduate Yi Zha (21-3, fighting out of Sichuan, China).
* In the bantamweight final, Toshiomi Kazama (10-2, fighting out of Ibaraki, Japan) and Rinya Nakamura (6-0, fighting out of Saitama, Japan) battle to see who the next Japanese prospect in UFC will be.
* In the flyweight final, SeungGuk Choi (6-1, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea) faces HyunSung Park (7-0, fighting out of Gyeonggi-do, South Korea) to determine who will next represent South Korea in the division.
Additional bouts on the card include
* No. 10 ranked contender Marcin Tybura (23-7, fighting out of Lodz, Poland) aims to deliver an impressive performance over No. 14 Blagoy Ivanov (19-4, fighting out of Sofia, Bulgaria) in a pivotal heavyweight bout
* Returning after four long years away from the Octagon, Dooho Choi (14-3, fighting out of Busan, South Korea) steps up to challenge Kyle Nelson (13-5, fighting out of Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada)
* Making his Octagon debut, Dana White’s Contender Series alumnus Yusaku Kinoshita (6-1, fighting out of Osaka, Japan) squares off with Adam Fugitt (8-3, fighting out of Eugene, Ore.)
* In the women’s flyweight division, Ji Yeon Kim (9-6-2, fighting out of Incheon, South Korea) takes on Mandy Bohm (7-2, fighting out of Gelsenkirchen, Germany)
* Junyong Park (15-5, fighting out of Seoul, South Korea) looks to make it three wins in a row when he goes toe-to-toe with Denis Tiuliulin (11-6, fighting out of Moscow, Russia) at middleweight
* An explosive matchup in the flyweight division kicks off the night as undefeated Tatsuro Taira (12-0, fighting out of Okinawa Japan) squares off with Jesus Aguilar (8-1, fighting out of Tijuana, Mexico)
Leave a Comment