Report: Anthony Joshua-Tyson Fury Reach Two-Fight Deal
The boxing world could see a pair of epic encounters between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury beginning next year if all comes together.
According to promoter Eddie Hearn, the two heavyweight champions have agreed to a two-fight deal.
Hearn said there are still many hurdles to climb, including a mandatory bout against Dillian Whyte, but added “It’s fair to say (the two fighters) are in agreement regarding the financial terms of the fight.
“We’ve been talking to (Fury’s management team) MTK, giving them the assurances from Joshua’s side that all the details on the structure of the deal is approved from our side. And it is from Fury’s side as well.”
BREAKING: Anthony Joshua has reached an agreement with Tyson Fury on a two-fight deal, says promoter Eddie Hearn.
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) June 10, 2020
It would appear that the first fight would take place in summer of 2021, allowing time for both fighters to make their mandatory and previously planned defenses.
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest MMA News & Analysis from MMA Frenzy. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Fury, the unbeaten WBC heavyweight champion, is scheduled to meet Whyte before February and face Deontay Wilder a third time before he can take on Joshua, the reigning IBF, WBA and WBO champion.
Joshua, meanwhile, has a mandatory defense vs. Kubrat Pulev scheduled.
So, while plans are in place, many things still need to come together for this epic encounter to happen.