Prince Charles Breaks His Silence Amid ‘Distressing Experience’ With Video Update On His Coronavirus Battle
Prince Charles has just spoken out for the first time about his battle with the coronavirus after he reportedly was able to recover from the illness.
Prince Charles has just spoken out for the first time about his battle with coronavirus after he reportedly was able to recover from the illness and leave self-isolation. However, the Prince’s bout with this dangerous virus left Camilla in isolation and the couple concerned for the well-being of others impacted by the virus, especially the elderly and infirm. The two senior royals now have a deeper appreciation for the ‘sickness’ and ‘loneliness’ brought on by the virus.
Prince Charles Posts Video Update
In a personal video message recorded from Birkhall, the Prince’s home in Scotland, the 71 year-old heir to the British throne thanked emergency workers and talked about the importance of maintaining hope in the face of this crisis.
“Having recently gone through the process of contracting this coronavirus, luckily with relatively mild symptoms, I now find myself on the other side of the illness, but still in no less a state of social distance and general isolation,” Charles said.
“As we are all learning this is a strange, frustrating and often distressing experience when the presence of family and friends is no longer possible and the normal structures of life are suddenly removed.”
Prince Charles continued, “At such an unprecedented and anxious time in all our lives, my wife and I are thinking particularly of all of those who have lost their loved ones in such very difficult and abnormal circumstances, and of those having to endure sickness, isolation and loneliness.”
Concern For The Elderly
Prince Charles went on to say that he and his wife Camilla are thinking of the elderly in particular during this perilous time. Especially when those 65 and older are considered to be at a higher risk for complications from the virus.
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
“As patron of Age UK, and my wife the patron of SilverLine, our hearts go out to all those older people throughout this country who are now experiencing great difficulty,” he said, before acknowledging that people of all ages are being impacted by the pandemic as well.
Prince Charles gives Brits a message of hope after battling coronavirus pic.twitter.com/CDQK5fdhcd
— The Sun (@TheSun) April 1, 2020
The Silver Line is a telephone service in the UK that helps the elderly fight loneliness. The service must be working overtime as pensioners in the UK are forced to isolate until the danger passes.
Prince Charles’ Message Of Hope
After thanking all of the doctors, nurses, and shop employees who are continuing to risk their lives by doing their jobs in this crisis, Charles ended with a message of hope.
“As a nation, we are faced by a profoundly challenging situation, which we are only too aware threatens the livelihoods, businesses and welfare of millions of our fellow citizens,” Charles said.
“None of us can say when this will end, but end it will. Until it does, let us all try and live with hope and, with faith in ourselves and each other, look forward to better times to come.”
Prince Charles’ Battle With COVID-19
Charles tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month, but he was fortunate to only suffer “mild” symptoms from it.
After seven days of social isolation “in accordance with government and medical guidelines,” Charles was declared to be in “good health” and was able to come out of self-isolation on Monday, the Daily Mail reported.
Though his wife Camilla tested negative for coronavirus, she will remain in self isolation in a separate part of their home until next week. Just to be safe.
This just goes to show that coronavirus will infect anyone, regardless of their age, gender, race, social class, or financial status.
If a member of the royal family can be infected, it can literally happen to anyone, so please continue to take this seriously and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
The sooner we all take the social distancing guidelines in place seriously, the sooner our way of life can return to normal again.