Sports

Stefan Struve’s Not Done Fighting Yet, Confirms Bout With Ben Rothwell

Earlier this year, Stefan Struve said that his fighting career was likely over, but now the "Skyscraper's" confirmed he's returning to the cage for a scrap with Ben Rothwell.

Stefan Struve’s near 15-year-long fighting career didn’t end this past March like he thought it would, as the 7’0 tall heavyweight’s announced he’s going to battle Ben Rothwell.

Image Credit: UFC / YouTube

The “Skyscraper” had said his career was likely done

After Struve tapped out Marcos Rogerio de Lima at UFC Prague this past March, the Dutch fighter relayed he was likely hanging up the gloves. The 31-year-old, who was sidelined due to a heart condition in the past, snapped a three fight losing skid with that win.

Struve is coming back

Well, on Tuesday, the UFC announced that Struve (29-11) will face Rothwell at its December 7th card in Washington, D.C. That prompted Struve to tweet out this:

Sometimes you need to take a little bit of space and time to realise how much you still love doing something. December 7th it is time to get back 2 it! #mma #ufc #stefanstruve #dontcallitacomeback #newandimproved

There you have it. This is a big fight for both fighters, as another loss for Struve would be a considerable setback, and Rothwell (36-12) has lost three straight, after winning four in a row.

Other bouts that are expected so far for the December 7th card include Aspen Ladd versus Yana Kunitskaya and Cynthia Calvillo versus Claudia Gadelha.

  • Categories

  • Leave a Comment