Here’s the Recipe for Dollywood’s ‘Must Eat’ Buttery Cinnamon Bread
After getting a look at this bread, you might be booking tickets to go to Dollywood.
Dollywood is well-known for its exciting rides and top-notch entertainment, but there is another can’t miss thing in this beloved amusement park – the cinnamon bread. It’s absolutely delicious and you don’ have to go all the way to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to try it. You can this “must eat” mouthwatering treat by making it right at home. (Related: Dolly Parton’s Biggest Fans Will Remember This Performance of “Dumb Blonde”)
Cinnamon bread, Dollywood, Tennessee
The reputation of Dollywood's signature dish precedes it. Oozing with butter and powdered with sugar… – pic.twitter.com/RhBV3vj2W2
— mihal jurik (@mjurik521) August 4, 2018
Dollywood Sells Over 350 Cinnamon Breads An Hour!
Over 350 of these loaves are sold EVERY HOUR at Dollywood. After reading Dollywood’s description of it, you’ll understand why. You can’t go wrong with loads of butter and cinnamon.
Pre-made loaves are formed and sliced. With loving hands, each is expertly carved with three cuts and then dipped into a bath of buttery goodness. From that golden bath, the loaves are submerged in a sugary-cinnamon mixture and then quickly into its own pan to not lose a drop. The queue moves a few steps forward, and the carousel ovens are in full view full of rising and glistening loaves of sticky goodness. Then the doors of the oven open to fill the display cabinets, the sweet aroma denotes your sweet treat will soon be yours.
This recipe is from Dolly’s Dixie Fixin’s, which Dolly released herself, so you know it’s legit.
Dollywood’s Cinnamon Bread
Serves 8; makes 2 loaves
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1-lb loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp water or fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed
1. Coat two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2–inch loaf pans with vegetable oil cooking spray. In a shallow dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
2. Cut the dough lengthwise into two pieces. Make four shallow, crosswise slits in each piece. Brush the loaves all over with butter. Roll each loaf in the cinnamon mixture, packing it into the creases. Place loaves in the prepared pans and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
3. As the bread rises, preheat oven to 300 degrees.
4. Bake the bread, turning the pans around once, for 35 minutes or until the top is golden and a tap on the bottom of the pan yields a hollow sound.
5. Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small bowl, vigorously stir together the powdered sugar and water (or lemon juice), adding more liquid as needed, until the mixture is smooth. Turn the breads out onto a rack while they’re still warm; drizzle with the glaze.
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Yum! Cinnamon bread isn’t the only must-eat item at Dollywood. There are plenty of others. In the video below, you can see twenty other things to munch on when you’re at the park. The food might be the most motivating factor to go! Wait until you see the ENORMOUS apple pie! Dolly isn’t going to let anyone go hungry. (Related: Dolly Parton Shares The Reason She Stays out Of Politics)