Have The Usos Re-Signed With WWE? + More Rumored HOF Changes
The Usos have yet to re-sign with WWE and there is no word if the champions are leaving in a month. Also, WWE's Hall of Fame is undergoing more changes.
During the Wrestling Observe Newsletter, Dave Meltzer said nothing has changed and the brothers have not re-signed. With All Elite Wrestling (AEW) grabbing talent left and right, there is speculation they could join the upstart promotion.
We still have Fastlane, where former champions The Miz & Shane McMahon will battle The Usos. They could drop the belts there or keep them heading to WrestleMania 35. With a month left on The Usos’ current deals, a decision will have to made very shortly since they are the champions. The Usos to AEW would make for a great addition to bolster their tag division; which is something WWE needs to work work on.
– Expect some changes to this year’s WWE Hall of Ceremony. We already mentioned how WWE has told talent they need to stay for the entire event. Last year, there were photos circulating that showed how most of the performers left before or during Bill Goldberg’s speech.
Now, it seems that WWE might be getting rid of inductors and just having the new entrants come out on stage after a video package is played. Jerry Lawler also mentioned on his podcast Dinner With The King how he might have lost his gig as well. In recent years, Lawler has been the host of the show.
A major problem with the Hall of Fame is how long the ceremony runs. The show usually runs about an hour (or more) past their scheduled time and it really drags on; especially with Takeover, WrestleMania, RAW and SmackDown all taking place within five days. Even the biggest wrestling fan needs a break and the same could probably be said about the talent.
The Hall of Fame ceremony takes place April 6 from Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. So far, WWE has announced the following names to be inducted: D-Generation X (Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chyna, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn & X-Pac), Torrie Wilson and The Honky Tonk Man.