Prince Charles Updates Public On Queen Elizabeth’s Health After Several Setbacks
Prince Charles shared a brief message about the Queen when asked about her health noting that it's not easy at 95 years old.
We previously reported that Queen Elizabeth, 95, was forced to miss the Remembrance Day ceremony on Sunday after spraining her back, leading to even more fears about her health. Now, her son Prince Charles is speaking out to give an update on his mother’s health, and what he had to say certainly isn’t comforting.
Charles’ Update On His Mother’s Health
The Prince of Wales has said the Queen is "alright" but added "once you get to 95, it's not quite as easy as it used to be".
— Sky News (@SkyNews) November 17, 2021
When asked how his mother is doing, Charles replied by quietly saying “alright.”
“Once you get to 95, it’s not quite as easy as it used to be,” he added, according to People Magazine. “It’s bad enough at 73.”
Queen Hospitalized – Cancels Appearances
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
After cancelling several engagements last month, the Queen was hospitalized on October 20 and told to rest by her doctors. It had been expected that she would take part in Remembrance Day events last Sunday, but she backed out due to a sprained back.
A royal source told Entertainment Tonight that “it is obviously incredibly unfortunate timing, and nobody regrets the Queen’s absence more deeply than her Majesty herself.”
“Her Majesty is deeply disappointed [she missed] the engagement which she regards as one of the most significant engagements of the year,” the source said. “[She] hopes to continue as planned with her schedule of light official duties.”
Queen Still Working
Nevertheless, the Queen hasn’t stopped working entirely, taking “light, desk-based duties,” including a virtual audience on Thursday. Appearing from Windsor Castle, the Queen had a virtual meeting with Nguyen Hoang Long, Ambassador from Vietnam, who was at Buckingham Palace in London.
Yesterday, the Queen welcomed General Sir Nick Carter, the Chief of the Defense Staff, in person in the Oak Room at Windsor Castle. This was her first official engagement since her Remembrance Day absence, and her first in-person meeting since her hospitalization.
Royal expert Dickie Arbiter, a former press spokesperson for the Queen, gave his thoughts on her health situation earlier this week.
“It is very difficult because Palace is not giving much away, they said today this morning a couple of hours before the cenotaph ceremony that she had a back-sprain and anybody who suffered back problem will know exactly what that feels like,” he told The Express. “She is 95 and while they are not wrapping her in a cotton ball, they are taking care of her.”
“She is able to do her light work if you can call office work light, those are red boxes of her official papers, and only she can do that,” Arbiter added. “I think there’s also an element of keeping her away from large groups of people because we are still in pandemic mode even though we are sort of out of lockdown so it’s taking care of her.”
A Tough Year
Prince Philip, the Queen’s beloved husband died this year in April which is surely taking its toll on her. Sometimes partners give up when they’ve lost their spouse. And, the two Royals were married for 73 years. In fact, their 74th wedding anniversary would be November 20th.
Next year, the Queen is set to celebrate her record-breaking 70 years on the British throne with her Platinum Jubilee.
We hope that she recuperates and is able to attend this milestone in the best health possible.