Judge’s Latest Ruling In Prince Andrew’s Sexual Assault Case Wrecks His Chance Of Attending Queen’s Platinum Jubiliee
Prince Andrew will be pulled from all the Platinum Jubilee events next year so he won't detract from the Queen's celebration.
New reports are coming out stating that Prince Andrew will be pulled from all next year’s Platinum Jubilee events after a U.S. court scheduled his bombshell sex abuse case to clash with the celebrations.
— Kevin Pascoe #PoliticsOfFairness (@KevinPascoe) October 27, 2021
Andrew Will Be ‘Invisible’ During Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Daily Mail reported that Andrew, who has been accused of sexually abusing an underage girl he met through his friend Jeffrey Epstein, will not even appear with the Queen and other royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony for an RAF flypast.
A source said that Andrew will be “invisible” during the four-day national Royal party to mark what will be his mother the Queen‘s 70th year on the throne between Thursday, June 2 and Sunday, June 5 next year.
“It is very sensible, otherwise the attention would all be on Andrew,” royal expert Nigel Cawthorne, author of “Prince Andrew: Epstein, Maxwell And The Palace,” said of the decision to remove Andrew from the Platinum Jubilee events.
Judge Lewis Kaplan has ruled that the disclosure, which includes Andrew testifying under oath, should be completed by July 14 – just five weeks after the jubilee.
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Court documents state that a pre-trial order must be finished by July 28 of next year.
‘Embarrassing Situation For The Queen’
“It is an embarrassing situation for the Queen especially as she is stumping up for his defence. He just has to keep his head down,” he added.
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams had previously said that there would be a “cloud” over the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee due to “Andrew’s ‘atrociously ill-advised friendship with Epstein.”
“The news that the court case brought by Virginia Roberts Giuffre against Prince Andrew will be heard in the run-up to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations is grim news for the Palace,” Fitzwilliams said. “It means that speculation which is certain to be sensational is likely to make headline news over the coming months.”
“It is unclear if the disclosure of the 2009 settlement agreement between the deceased paedophile Epstein and Virginia Roberts, to which his lawyers have recently been given access, will be helpful to his case,” he added. “If Prince Andrew were required to answer questions put to him by her lawyers, he could exercise his right to be silent, or he could claim the request should be set aside as he has no evidence which is material to offer.”
Andrew ‘Strongly Denied The Charges’
Fitzwilliams also said that Andrew has “strongly denied the charges and undoubtedly believes that if he can discredit his accuser, some of whose statements have appeared contradictory, this would be a route back for him to salvage his reputation.”
“Obviously if he were attempt to settle, it would be seen as an admission of guilt,” the royal expert continued.
It’s sad that the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee is being mired down by this disturbing scandal.