Entertainment

Meghan Markle’s Half-Brother Accuses Her Of “Publicity Stunt” In Uvalde

Meghan Markle's estranged half-brother Thomas Jr. is slamming her for not visiting their father after his stroke.

Last week, we reported that Meghan Markle’s estranged father Thomas had suffered a major stroke. Now, Meghan’s estranged half-brother Thomas Markle Jr. is speaking out to slam her for visiting the site of last week’s school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, but not taking the time to check in with their father in the wake of his medical emergency. 

Backstory: Meghan Markle’s Estranged Father Thomas Suffers Major Stroke

Thomas Jr. Slams Meghan

Daily Mail reported that Thomas Jr. publicly called on Meghan to “show some support for your dad,” adding that he felt that her recent trip to Uvalde was “the most insensitive thing I’ve seen in my life.”

When asked about Meghan’s trip to Uvalde, Thomas Jr. said that “it feels like a publicity stunt. She wants people to think she’s trying to solve things.”

“I don’t know what her agenda is, but it’s totally wrong. It’s the most insensitive thing I’ve seen in my life,” he continued. “That little walk she did, like she was on a stage? She’s just trying to make herself look better.”

When asked if he has a message for Meghan, Thomas replied, “Stop the vicious PR attack. If you want to sow some love and support for my Dad, step in and definitely give some support.”

Thomas Jr. went on to say that he has been caring for their father non-stop since his stroke, which has caused him to lose his speech. 

“My dad is here, in the room with me,” he stated. “He wants to say that he was very much looking forward to attending the Jubilee celebrations. He really wanted to be there and he sends the Queen his best regards.”

Thomas Sr. had been planning to travel to the United Kingdom next month to take part in celebrations for Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee, which is meant to celebrate her record-breaking seventy years on the British throne.

Related: Meghan Markle Accused Of ‘Elder Abuse’ By Her Half-Sister

‘She Has Made No Attempt Whatsoever At All To Contact’

Though some reports have alleged that Meghan tried to reach out to her father after his stroke, Thomas Jr. has said that this is not true.

“She has made no attempt whatsoever at all to contact. He still has the same phone number he always has,” he said. “She’s had every opportunity to reach out. She’s only three or four hours away. How many days late is she now? She needs to figure out who she is as a person.”

Watch Thomas Jr.’s full interview on this below.

This comes after a source alleged to The Mirror that Meghan was “concerned” about the health of her father following his stroke.

“She wants to know if there is any way to contact her father privately, without other family knowing about it or having to get involved,” the insider alleged. “Meghan can’t contact her half-siblings because she believes they have their own agendas.

“If she can contact their dad, she wants it to be totally private,” the source added. “It won’t involve Netflix, it won’t involve any photographs and it must not involve any tip-offs to the paparazzi.”

Meghan Travels To Uvalde

This also comes after Meghan traveled to Uvalde, where 19 fourth graders and their two teachers were murdered by a gunman last Tuesday.

People Magazine reported that Meghan showed up at the Uvalde County Courthouse to lay white flowers with a purple ribbon at the memorial to the victims. Her spokesperson said that she took this trip in a personal capacity as a mother and that she just wanted to show her support to the grieving community of Uvalde.

Meghan has been estranged from her father and the rest of the Markle side of her family since before her 2018 wedding to Prince Harry. If even a major stroke can’t get Meghan to heel the rift with her father, it seems that they may never actually make up. 

What a shame. 

  • Categories

  • Leave a Comment