Meghan And Harry’s New Show ‘Smacks Of Desperation’ Says Queen’s Former Aide
A former aide to Queen Elizabeth is saying that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's new television show "smacks of desperation."
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are being slammed by a former aide of Queen Elizabeth for their upcoming Kardashian-style “docu-series,” for which they allowed cameras into their home.
— Wendy Williams (@WendyWilliams) May 19, 2022
Queen’s Former Aide Rips Into Meghan And Harry
Dickie Arbiter, who previously serves as a press spokesman for both the Queen and her son Prince Charles, pointed out that this move by Meghan and Harry contradicts their claim that they want privacy.
“It smacks of desperation,” he said, according to Daily Mail. “It’s a bit rich, two people who left the UK, walked out of the Royal Family, because they wanted privacy, they’ve done nothing else but put themselves up front and a week doesn’t go by when there isn’t some sort of statement coming out of their PR people.”
Arbiter went on to say that the royal family is likely worried about will be featured in this docuseries.
“The Kardashians do a reality series, the Sussexes do a docu-series. For any good fly-on-the-wall documentary, you need some tension, you need drama, otherwise it’s just boring,” he explained. “Netflix really do want bang for their buck. What we’re thinking now, will they be bringing Netflix with them for the Jubilee celebrations?”
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Netflix Wants Docu-Series Out This Year
Previous reports have stated that Netflix wants this docu-series to air this year around the time that Harry’s series of tell-all memoirs, which he was paid up to £29million for, are released. However, Meghan and Harry reportedly want to wait until next year to release the docu-series.
“The timing is still being discussed, things are up in the air,” one producer close to the situation told Page Six. Another Hollywood insider added, “I think it’s fair to say that Netflix is getting its pound of flesh.”
Royal correspondent Victoria Murphy claimed that this shows the pressure that Meghan and Harry may be under with Netflix.
“You have two seemingly commercial deals, one with a publisher, one with a production company, presumably there’ll be a level of competition there about stories and content,” she said.
Harry’s Biographer Sounds Off
Royal expert Angela Levin, who wrote a 2018 biography about Harry, blasted him over the docuseries.
“Harry wanted privacy and to be ordinary,” she told Daily Mail. “He also hated cameras. But he’s ended up doing an at-home docuseries for Netflix. Does he need to be searched for hidden cameras on Jubilee days? Will he steal the event from the Queen?”
“In only four years, the Sussexes have gone from being global darlings, resoundingly adored with desk drawers full of enterprising plans for charity projects, to reducing themselves to proto-Kardashians,” added royal commentator Daniela Elser.
Since stepping down as senior royals back in 2020, Meghan and Harry have spent much of their time publicly bashing the royal family. Given that, the Queen and the rest of the royals definitely have reason to be worried about what they will say in this docu-series.