Authorities Reveal What Killed Three American Tourists In The Bahamas
Three American tourists were found dead at a Bahamas resort. Authorities were initially unsure of what killed them
Three American tourists died mysteriously while staying at the Sandals Emerald Bay Resort on the island of Great Exuma in the Bahamas. The tourists were found dead in their rooms at the beginning of May. A fourth victim was taken to a hospital in Miami, Florida where they made a full recovery.
Officials now confirm that three Americans died due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
More via Fox News:
A pathologist is expected to release autopsy and toxicology findings Monday following the May 6 deaths of Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, of Tennessee, and Vincent Chiarella, 64, of Florida, according to the Nassau Guardian.
The newspaper reported Monday that carbon monoxide poisoning was determined to be the cause of death.
Officials initially believed that the three may have been poisoned, and sent food to labs for US testing. Though an expert later said the likely reasoning was carbon monoxide poisoning.
The cause of death of three American tourists who died while staying at the Sandals Emerald Bay Resort in the Bahamas earlier this month is confirmed to be carbon monoxide poisoning.https://t.co/JHbjk8W2KD
— Nationwide90FM (@NationwideRadio) May 23, 2022
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
What Is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide poisoning comes from the ingestion of the chemical compound carbon monoxide, which at larger doses is deadly to humans.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is often caused by unventilated combustible engines such as furnaces, car engines, as well as charcoal grills, and gas leaks.
Extreme storms can lead to power outages. Portable generators are a great solution, but require extreme safety precautions. Carbon monoxide poisoning caused by improper portable generator use can be fatal.
Learn more about storm safety at https://t.co/DaQSV3LnM1 pic.twitter.com/wy2t3W82AE
— Bandera Electric Cooperative (@BanderaElectric) May 23, 2022
A local family has a warning for others regarding carbon monoxide poisoning and #SafeBoating upon the one-year anniversary of their daughter’s death. Story via @TODAYshow & #WePlayFor3 Ally Sidloski Memorial Fund: https://t.co/qIcy2YcOWQ #NSBW2022 @USCG @BoatingCampaign pic.twitter.com/EM6rv6uFCH
— Cleveland Foundation (@CleveFoundation) May 23, 2022
#Safety tip in case of a power #outage : no not use outdoor appliances (barbecues, stoves, heaters, generators, etc.) inside or near windows. These present a risk of asphyxiation and carbon monoxide poisoning. pic.twitter.com/WkXBhMn1e1
— Hydro-Québec (@hydro_customer) May 23, 2022
Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms include (via Mayo Clinic)
- Dull headache
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
According to forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden:
“Carbon monoxide kills by attaching to the red blood cells and preventing the red blood cells from picking up oxygen,” Dr. Baden said. “And that causes brain problems and confusion and death if it’s long enough.”
Share your thoughts on this story in the comment section below.
Next, Read This: Dave Chappelle’s Attacker Faces Attempted Murder Charge For Separate Incident, Says Netflix Is A Joke Assault Was “Triggered” By Comedian’s Jokes About The LGBTQ Community
Leave a Comment