Prince Andrew is reportedly starting to panic amidst the sexual assault lawsuit that has been leveled against him by an alleged victim of the late billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Sources say that the royal is “stressed” and “worried” as crisis talks have been launched to figure out how he will deal with this lawsuit.
This comes after Andrew’s daughter Princess Beatrice welcomed her first child over the weekend. Find out more about that below.
Andrew Wanted To Be Aggressive In Denying Claims
A Royal source said that Andrew wanted to aggressively deny the claims made against him by Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who has claimed that she was forced to have sex with Andrew multiple times when she was underage.
However, his attorneys overruled him, which has left him terrified that “the wall of silence and policy of evasion only adds to the impression [that] the Duke has something to hide.”
“The plan, if you can call it a plan, has been shambolic from the start,” a source close to Andrew told the Mirror.  “He is extremely worried and the crisis talks are so he can get off the back foot. He knows he’s in a full-on crisis.”
Other palace officials are “more than concerned” that the lack of an official statement on this lawsuit “has wider reputational implications for the institution of the monarchy.”
“The whole thing has been a disaster,” one source lamented.
Giuffre And Andrew Go To War
This comes one week after lawyers representing Giuffre accused Andrew of playing a “game of a hide and seek behind palace walls” by refusing to accept court papers, according to The New York Post .
Meanwhile, Andrew’s legal team is hoping that a 2009 settlement that was struck by Giuffre will get him off the hook.
However, Giuffre isn’t showing any signs of giving up. She told Fox News  last month that she wants to hold Andrew “accountable” for what he allegedly did to her.
“The powerful and rich are not exempt from being held responsible for their actions,” she said. “I hope that other victims will see that it is possible not to live in silence and fear, but to reclaim one’s life by speaking out and demanding justice.”
“I did not come to this decision lightly,” Giuffre said. “As a mother and a wife, my family comes first – and I know that this action will subject me to further attacks by Prince Andrew and his surrogates – but I knew if I did not pursue this action, I would be letting them and victims everywhere down.”
Andrew Denies Giuffre’s Claims
Andrew has long denied the claims made against him by Giuffre.
“It didn’t happen. I can absolutely categorically tell you it never happened,” Andrew said. “I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady, none whatsoever.”
— Nick (@nickh1877) September 14, 2021 
Andrew has been forced to step back from royal life after a disastrous 2019 interview that he gave about Giuffre’s claims.
Regardless of how this lawsuit turns out, it’s not looking like he will be returning to his Royal duties anytime soon.