Tom Bergeron Reveals If He’d Ever Go Back To ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Months After His Firing
Emmy-winner Tom Bergeron finally broke his silence on whether he'd consider returning as host on the ABC show 'Dancing With The Stars".
Fans were outraged back in July when beloved and seasoned television host Tom Bergeron was suddenly fired from ABC’s hit reality show “Dancing With The Stars”. Bergeron, who had hosted the dance competition series since its premiere in 2005, was replaced by supermodel Tyra Banks.
Ever since then, fans have been begging ABC to give Bergeron his job back. They’ve even started started petitions that went viral. as many do not feel that Banks was even close to as good a host as he was during the 29th season.
Sadly, Bergeron has dashed these hopes this week, as he seems adamant that returning to “Dancing With The Stars” is never something that he will do.
Tom Bergeron Confirms He’ll Never Go Back To ‘DWTS’
“When people say, ‘I’m not gonna watch until you’re back,’ I say, ‘Well, there’s really no ‘until’ here,'” he explained, according to Entertainment Tonight. “This train has left the station.”
“I appreciate the sentiment,” he added. “[But] I don’t hold it against anybody if they [watch].”
Despite the abrupt ending to his time as host on “Dancing With The Stars,” Tom Bergeron has nothing but fond memories to look back on.
The Emmy-winning host said he’ll never forget the connections that he made during the fifteen years hosting the reality show and “the friendships I have with people who were on camera and behind the camera.”
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Lifestyle + Entertainment from TellMeNow. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
“I used to throw midseason parties for cast and staff. It helped create a sense of solidarity,” Bergeron recalled. “And then we’d try to sober up the next day.”
So What Does The Future Hold?
As for what the future holds, the former “America’s Funniest Home Videos” host said he’s just enjoying the downtime right now.
“I’ve hosted every format imaginable. There’s no real fire in my gut to do it again,” Bergeron said. “Having said that, I’m always open to surprises.”
Fans were both shocked and devastated when Bergeron announced his firing on Twitter back in July.
“Just informed @DancingABC will be continuing without me,” Bergeron tweeted on July 13. “It’s been an incredible 15 year run and the most unexpected gift of my career. I’m grateful for that and for the lifelong friendships made. That said, now what am I supposed to do with all of these glitter masks?”
‘Dancing With The Stars’ Fans Want Tom Bergeron Back
Throughout the entirety of season 29 of the show this past fall, DWTS fans made it clear that they wanted Bergeron back:
#DWTS Tyra Banks is a terrible host. Watching it for years and years. Please bring back Tom Bergeron. He was amazing.
— Spanky (@LeafsFa46157285) October 13, 2020
#DancingWithTheStars The decision to hire Tyra Banks and fire Tom Bergeron is right up there with replacing Coca Cola with “New Coke”…
— JGYRU88 (@jgyru88) September 23, 2020
— Isabel Bernal (@ib303e) October 6, 2020
DWTS. Please bring back Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. Tyra Banks sucks, no personality, all about her wardrobe! Downhill this season.
— Moe (@Moe80814576) October 6, 2020
@ABCNetwork #DWTS bring back @Tom_Bergeron ! Tyra Banks is a terrible host! This is not dancing with Tyra walking on the runway changing 3 times cutting off the judges saying Darryl Hough instead of Derek show.
— Jenny Escobar (@Jenny5669) October 21, 2020
The lack of respect that ABC showed to Bergeron after so many years is truly disappointing. And the move is unfortunately emblematic of the way that white men of a certain age are treated every day in this country.
While we are sad that we won’t be seeing Tom Bergeron as host again on “Dancing With The Stars” again, we understand why he wants to move on. At the end of the day, it’s ABC’s loss.