A shocking revelation was made on Monday, when it was confirmed that Prince William personally battled COVID in secret back in April. The 38-year-old Duke reportedly “struggled to breathe” as a result of the deadly virus.
It has since been revealed that William had one reason for keeping his diagnosis a secret, and it is sure to make you love him even more.
So when Prince William opened the NHS Nightingale hospital in Birmingham on 16 April (virtually from Norfolk) – he had #coronavirus . @TheSun  revealed this astonishing revelation tonight but we are told Prince William decided not to go public so as not to cause any further alarm pic.twitter.com/z0Tvm2vhSW 
— Chris Ship (@chrisshipitv) November 1, 2020 
Prince William’s Secret Battle With COVID
A source close to Prince William spoke out to say that he contracted COVID-19 in April, after both his father Prince Charles and the British Prime Minister Boris Johnson each tested positive.
“William was hit pretty hard by the virus – it really knocked him for six,” a source told The Sun .
“At one stage he was struggling to breathe, so obviously everyone around him was pretty panicked. After seeing medics and testing positive – which was obviously quite a shock given how fit and healthy he is – William was determined it should be business as usual though. He was determined to fulfill his engagements.”
The inside source went on to say that William decided to keep his diagnosis a secret because he did not want to send the people of the United Kingdom into a panic.
At the time, Charles and Johnson had just tested positive themselves. William feared that learning of his diagnosis as well could send the British people into mass hysteria.
So, for the good of his country, the future king kept his diagnosis and ensuing battle quiet.
“The Queen delivered her ‘We Will Meet Again’ address, and he just didn’t want to worry people,” the insider explained.
“He felt there were more important things going on in the country. But as a result of his own experiences, he realizes absolutely anyone can catch this awful disease – and knows how imperative it is that we all take this second lockdown seriously.”
Prince William Continued Working Through COVID-19
Despite his struggles with the virus, William managed to keep working throughout April.
The heir to Britain’s throne participated in an impressive fourteen telephone and video call engagements throughout the month.
He was treated by palace doctors and followed the guidelines that had been issued by the British government. All while isolating at his family’s home of Anmer Hall in Norfolk.
Prince William tested positive just after his father Charles, who later spoke out about his experience with the deadly virus.
“Having recently gone through the process of contracting this coronavirus, luckily with relatively mild symptoms, I now find myself on the other side of the illness but still in no less a state of social distance and general isolation,” Charles said, according to Newsweek.
“At such an unprecedented and anxious time in all our lives my wife and I are thinking in particular of all those who have lost their loved ones in such very difficult and abnormal circumstances and of those having to endure sickness, isolation and loneliness,” he added.
What An Inspiration
Thankfully, Prince William, Prince Charles, and Prime Minister Johnson have all since made full recovery.
The strength that Prince William showed throughout this ordeal is an inspiration to all of us. And shows us that he truly will be an incredible king someday!
The British people really are lucky to have him.