Superman 1940s Radio Drama Re-Enactment to be Held at Upcoming “Explore the Multiverse” DC FanDome!
The 1940s Adventures of Superman radio series will be re-enacted by an all-star cast at the upcoming Explore the Multiverse DC FanDome event.
A re-enactment of the 1940s Superman radio show will be conducted as part of the upcoming “Explore the Multiverse” DC FanDome event.
The re-enactments, which will air all day during the DC FanDome, will be brought back to life courtesy of Warner Bros. and nonprofit The Creative Coalition.
“We are thrilled to join comic fans and creators at DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse to bring the original Superman to life and celebrate the arts,” said Creative Coalition CEO Robin Bronk, who excitedly added that “We encourage Superman fans to learn more about The Creative Coalition’s mission to support the arts by visiting TheCreativeCoalition.org. We are grateful to Warner Bros. and DC for supporting that work.”
The Re-Enactments voice cast will include former Superman voice actor and current President of The Creative Coaltion Tim Daly, Hawai Five-O star Daniel Dae Kim, and Brooklyn 99 star Terry Crews:
- Wilson Cruz (Star Trek: Discovery)
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld, Harley Quinn)
- Troian Bellisario (Pretty Little Liars)
- Erich Bergen (Madam Secretary)
- Anthony Carrigan (Barry)
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Expendables)
- Sam Daly (Hunters)
- Lea DeLaria (Orange Is the New Black)
- Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul)
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs)
- Nicholas Gonzalez (The Good Doctor)
- Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter)
- Richard Kind (American Dad)
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace)
- Dean Norris (Breaking Bad)
- CCH Pounder (NCIS: New Orleans, Justice League: Unlimited)
- Anthony Rapp (Star Trek: Discovery)
- Yolonda Ross (Black Lightning)
- Caterina Scorsone (Grey’s Anatomy)
- Tony Shalhoub (Monk, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel)
- Tamara Tunie (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit)
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days)
- Alfre Woodard (Luke Cage)
- Constance Zimmer (House of Cards)
Subscribe and get our daily emails and follow us on social media.
By opting in, you agree to receive emails with the latest in Comic Culture from Bounding Into Comics. Your information will not be shared with or sold to 3rd parties.
Titled The Adventures of Superman, the radio series ran for 11 years, from 1940 to 1951, for a total of 2088 episodes. An impressive broadcast run, each episode was a length of 15 minutes and 30 seconds and has since been collected in a deluxe CD box set.
DC FanDome’s second event will be held this Saturday, September 12th.
Are you interested in listening to the re-enactment? How do you feel about the cast? Let us know on social media or in the comments down below!