Oscar De La Hoya claimed in an interview recently that he could finish former UFC champion Conor McGregor  inside of two rounds.
De La Hoya, who is now 47 years old, retired from active competition in 2008 after winning titles in six weight classes. He was also the lineal champion in there weight classes.
“Two rounds,” De La Hoya said on CBS Sports’ State of Combat podcast . “Oh come on, brother. Two rounds. One thing about me is I went for the kill, always. Look, Conor McGregor – I love him in the Octagon, I respect him, I watch him all the time.
“But the boxing ring is a whole different story, it’s a whole different story.”
"The boxing ring is a whole different story"@OscarDeLaHoya  says it would only take 2 rounds to knock out @TheNotoriousMMA  in the ring. Courtesy @StateofCombat  pic.twitter.com/mNS7HieMEm 
— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) May 7, 2020 
In his last fight in 2008, De La Hoya lost to Manny Pacquiao in the eighth round. He went 39-6 overall with 30 wins coming by knockout.
McGregor responded to the comments, saying he would accept the challenge. The former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion took on Floyd Mayweather in 2017 in a boxing match, losing via TKO in the 10th round.
“I accept your challenge, Oscar De La Hoya,” McGregor tweeted.
I accept your challenge, Oscar de la Hoya.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) May 7, 2020 
Earlier this year, McGregor returned to MMA action, stopping Donald Cerrone.